A big part of any playground is the ability of these play spaces to encourage active play and exercise. As children spend hours in the classroom and in front of televisions and video games, it becomes more important than ever before to ensure they get the exercise they need to stay healthy and fit. There are many benefits to including fitness playground equipment on your playground:
- Playground fitness equipment immediately makes your playground more appealing to older children, such as middle-school children, who may be aging out of playground equipment aimed at younger kids.
- Fitness playgrounds prepare children for team sports.
- Park fitness equipment encourages children to stay active and to see exercise as fun, which can lead to a lifetime of good habits.
- Outdoor fitness equipment encourages healthy competition among kids as well as more active play.
- Fitness playgrounds for adults let adults in your community enjoy healthy exercise while children have their own play space.
Who Can Benefit From Fitness Playgrounds?
Middle schools and schools with children older than 10 years old can benefit from fitness areas in their playgrounds, since these fitness areas naturally appeal to older kids. Schools interested in promoting fitness can also benefit from this type of equipment by making it easier for children to try different exercises. This type of equipment can easily be incorporated into physical education programs and sports training programs.
Churches and religious organizations can benefit from fitness equipment because it can appeal to youth groups, teens who are part of the community and even adults. Many members of the community can benefit.
Homeowner’s associations and parks can benefit from this type of equipment because these spaces tend to be used by children and adults of all ages. In fact, most communities can benefit from fitness equipment, as it encourages a healthier population overall.
What Types of Equipment Could Work for You?
Little Tikes Commercial has many options for you to choose from:
- The Turning/Chinning Bar can be used for stretches, chin-ups and other exercises. It can be used alone or with an overhead for more options.
- The Single Balance Beam can help children between the ages of five and 12 learn how to perfect balance.
- The Group Fit 1 is a complete exercise solution that allows users to do step-ups, chin-ups, leg curls, climbs, stretches and many other types of workouts. This system can be used by groups and can allow for circuit and complete-body systems.
- The Monkey Bar allows for chin-ups, pull-ups, hand-over-hand exercise and more.
- The Dip/Leg Raise lets playground users work on leg, calf and thigh muscles.
- The Arch Ladder can help users hone agility, footwork and speed as well as upper and lower body strength.
- The Sit-Up Bench provides a clean and safe space for sit-ups and has a bar where exercisers can tuck their feet for an added boost. The bench can also be used for a variety of stretches.
- The Ab Bench is a flexible piece of equipment to work the core.
- The Vertical Ladder can be used for core, leg and arm exercises.
- The Ten Station Fitness Center can be used for circuit training or by teams. It allows for a full-body workout with spaces for sit-ups, push-ups, chin-ups, pull-ups, leg work, balance exercises and more.
- The Sit ‘N Surf™ is designed for children aged 5-12 and encourages children to sit on a panel while leaning forward to touch their toes. This piece of equipment encourages children to stretch and work on their balance.
To learn more about how you can encourage exercise for playground users of all ages, contact Little Tikes Commercial today to speak to a representative.