Works with two deck heights – 48 and 64
Roller SlidePRODUCT #: 200203387
Play is essential to physical and mental development of a child. Play helps kids exercise creativity and develop imagination, dexterity, and physical, cognitive, and emotional strength. Children learn how to interact, face fears, cultivate confidence, and enrich their competencies and resiliency all through play.
A variety of play patterns help children of all abilities stimulate their senses and boost confidence through interaction. Whenever possible, all children should have meaningful inclusive play experiences.
- ADA Cognitive: Provides an understanding of cause and effect, develops social concepts such as taking turns, and stimulates thought process development.
- ADA Physical: Promotes balance, strength, coordination, and vestibular stimulation to support the development of both fine and gross motor skills.
Bring Sensory Play to Your Playground with a Roller Slide
This sensory playground slide allows children to play in a more inclusive, sensory-rich way. The Sensory Roller Slide is a fun and exciting slide that can also help children with:
- Physical Development: Kids have to climb to get to the top of the slide, which builds gross motor skills. On the way down, they need to focus on balance and sitting up, which helps to develop some of their larger muscle groups.
- Sensory Development and Exploration: This roller slide engages more of the senses than the typical slide. Kids experience the texture and the movement of the rollers as they head down. They hear the sound of the rollers moving as they slide and they get to see the bumpy texture of the slide as well. The movement engages the kinesthetic sense, too.
- Social Development: The sensory roller slide allows kids to slide together in pairs, meaning they can work on social skills. Also, kids can take turns sliding, which helps them build communication and sharing skills.
- Emotional Development: Kids can develop a sense of independence and self-esteem as they slide by themselves or with a friend.
The Sensory Roller Slide is excellent to help kids explore their senses. Sensory play is beneficial because the senses are how children explore the world. With sensory play, children build their cognitive skills, their engagement with their environment, their curiosity and more. Sensory play encourages children to develop language skills and to interact with their world and with others through exploration.
The Sensory Roller Slide is one way you can integrate sensory playground equipment into your existing playground design or a new play space you are creating. If you’d like help, contact Little Tikes Commercial. Our design team would be happy to help you find sensory play options that are inclusive and thoroughly engaging. Whether you are expanding an existing playground or building a new one, we can help with a range of design solutions and playground equipment options.