Playgrounds for Middle Schools
The middle school years, ages 11 to 14, can be underrepresented on many playgrounds. But, with Little Tikes Commercial playground equipment, you have the unique opportunity to build a middle school playground to really engage these students.
Middle school years usually are the time when many students move away from more imaginative play. During this period of development, middle school playground equipment may focus more on exercise, activity and encouraging social play.
What Options Are Right for Your Middle School?
Students playing during recess or during school activities need middle school playground systems designed for their needs. The equipment also needs to be durable enough to handle larger kids and stronger hands. Little Tikes Commercial offers a number of choices to meet these needs:
- 10FT Cargo Net. Designed for older middle school children, this can create the opportunity to play soccer or other sports.
- Spring-Up Bars. These bars let children exercise a number of ways, including with vertical push-ups.
- Ten Station Fitness Center. This complete solution features sections for chin-ups, curls, sit-ups, stretches, climbing and more. Many of the pieces can be used in multiple ways.
- Vertical Ladder. Alone or as part of a playground, this ladder allows for multiple types of exercises, including climbing and leg exercises.
- “S” Challenge Ladder. This overhead equipment encourages children to build strength while navigating the rings. It can also be used for chin-ups.
- 3-D Rock Challenge. For those interested in rock climbing, this is a great introduction. With larger footholds and handholds, it keeps students safe while allowing them to work on strength and climbing skills.
For middle school playgrounds, fitness is often a key feature. At this age, children may be moving away from brighter colors and more imaginative equipment and toward equipment more similar to what adults might use in their fitness routines. The feeling of “grown up” style equipment rather than equipment designed for smaller children gives a playground the “cool” factor needed for older kids.
Students may be more attracted to equipment that allows them to compete and to develop their strength. Middle school playgrounds using fitness equipment also have the advantage of being able to incorporate this equipment into physical education programs.
Little Tikes Commercial sells standalone playground equipment for middle schools or complete playgrounds, we also have the option for you to customize a playground. You can bring in your designs or work with one of our representatives to find a solution that works for you.
Working With Little Tikes Commercial
Little Tikes Commercial believes all schools should be able to provide their students with exceptional playground equipment made to the highest safety standards and with the best quality equipment. It is why we work hard to offer a number of options and financing solutions to help your school succeed.
If you are interested in creating a playground for your middle school students, contact Little Tikes Commercial to speak to a representative who can help you find a playground that works. All of our equipment is carefully tested and is engineered by professionals. With more than 30 years in the industry, we understand playground equipment, and can work with you to create a playground designed for your students.
Little Tikes Commercial also believes that all schools should be able to afford quality playground equipment. It’s why we not only make our playground equipment from the highest quality materials and with the best engineering, but we work hard to make sure that our equipment is competitively priced. We offer leasing and financing options as well, to ensure your ideal playground fits in your school’s budget.
Little Tikes Commercial has worked extensively with schools to ensure they can provide their students with exceptional play spaces that encourage exercise, social development and fun. Your school can contact Little Tikes Commercial at any time to find out how we can help you.
Clear Line of Sight
We specifically design play structures to provide a clear line of sight so teachers can keep an eye on children at all times.
Independent components provide a variety of challenges that are developmentally appropriate.
Our high quality and durable materials stand up to daily use.