For children heading off to school each day, school play structures are an important part of recess. For more than 30 years, Little Tikes Commercial has created playground systems for schools such as progressive private schools, public facilities and others to create educational and fun play systems for children.
School Playgrounds are not like those for other spaces. They see more children and older kids than daycares and preschools and may also get more heavy use and need to offer an exceptional return on investment. Also, administrators, educators and boards are concerned about safety and ensuring students get the most benefits from the playground investment. These issues may be bigger factors for schools than they are for places of worship, municipalities or others.
If you have a school and need quality play equipment for your students, Little Tikes Commercial has the customer service and experience to help you create something special for your educational community. From custom solutions to pre-made configurations, we can work with almost any theme and idea. We will focus on your budget, space and unique needs and we help you dream up, design and install a playground solution that will please students, parents, educators, administrators and your whole extended community.
Benefits of Recess Equipment for Active Play
Playground equipment for schools and recess are more important than previously thought. According to the American Academy of Pediatrics, play at recess is crucial for childhood development. The organization feels that even with physical education programs, recess has many unique benefits and should not get reduced for any reason.
If you offer recess at school, custom playgrounds provide a space for children to enjoy active play. These many benefits include:
The Right School Play Equipment for Elementary School and Beyond
We’ve spent over 30 years developing elementary and middle school playgrounds, so at Little Tikes Commercial, we know that the most successful equipment features:
- Clear lines of sight: Make sure supervisors and teachers can see every part of the playground, allowing for proper supervision at all times. We have designed pre-set pieces or can help you create custom playgrounds that let you keep an eye on the full space for optimal playground safety while still offering kids lots of options for play.
- High-quality materials: Look for thick plastics, metal and sturdy construction that can last for years, even with rough play and many seasons of harsh weather. Little Tikes Commercial builds playgrounds using quality materials, and we test all our products for durability and safety, so you can feel confident it can handle class after class.
- A “cool” factor: You don’t want to invest in quality equipment only for it to remain unused during recess. Look for innovative and fun play equipment which allows for open-ended play and attracts kids. Multiple-use playsets can also get used by teachers in outdoor classes. Little Tikes Commercial has fun and unique pieces that will attract kids. Items such as the ZoomTwist and the Burmese Bridge Climber are likely to be new to your students and appeal to a range of kids at your school.
- Enrichment opportunities: Look for playsets that appeal to a child’s senses and help with cognitive, social, intellectual and physical development. Little Tikes Commercial offers a range of imaginative play equipment designed to appeal to the senses and encourage development and intellectual stimulation.
- Physical activity options: Look for playground equipment that encourages children to get active. Play solutions that encourage children to climb, slide, jump and otherwise get active can help promote exercise and good health. Little Tikes Commercial can help you find the equipment you can use as part of physical education classes and for exercise. We have exercise equipment ideal for middle schools, and slides, climbers, swings, tunnels and other options to help get elementary school students moving.
Playgrounds for Schools From Little Tikes Commercial
Little Tikes Commercial helps you find playsets for schools, with pre-modeled solutions and custom options to help meet your specific school’s needs. Our equipment is not only ADA-compliant but also inclusive. You’ll find our recess equipment can benefit all children, including students who need accommodation, those with autism and more. Our equipment brings more equality to your classroom by allowing kids of many ages and abilities to take part in outdoor play.
We’ve also worked with many schools, and you can see examples of our school playgrounds yourself. Many educators and boards have worked with us because they need a specific design to accommodate small yards, fixed budgets, unique terrain and other challenges. Our team is always up for the challenge!
We understand schools have different needs when it comes to playground solutions when compared to the needs of churches or daycares and other communities. Schools need to accommodate children of a specific age range, and these playgrounds should stay fun for an entire lunch hour or a short recess. Play equipment for schools can see a lot of wear and tear and may need to handle many children all at once when class lets out.
Getting Started? We Can Help With Outdoor Play Equipment
The Little Tikes Commercial team can help you find solutions for all these needs and create an attractive and durable play area to benefit your school and students. We can even help with design, ordering and financing. Need help with fundraising ideas or want to work around existing equipment for the new school playground you have planned? Little Tikes Commercial can help with that, too. Many schools have turned to us specifically because they needed more hands-on support during the entire process and appreciated our exceptional customer service.
If your school needs a new playground system, we can help. Contact us or request a quote to find out how your school can enjoy playground equipment. Your local rep can also provide customized support for your school play equipment needs.